• »
Forum moderator: loki, noexit, Colors  
Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » Reports » !spectate
!spectate
GrimDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 12:49 | Message # 1
Less Noob
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 0
!spectate is been abused people are in game and then when they can't find the humans, they got to spectate to locate them, and then re-join the game to go and kill them.

Reason I know of this as it's happened to me, I noticed someone went to spec, and that same person re-joined and killed me, (As others couldn't find me)
Now to me it's cheating and dumb-ass way of getting kills.

It's even given genuine spectators a bad name if they need to nip away from keyboard for toilet or something.

Yes !spectate saves people from leaving server, but I think if people need to spec, then they've got to spec the rest-of-the-map.

unless how will we know if they are just going to spec, finding the last couple of humans and re-join to kill them.

I'm been fair here, as I do remember names who where doing this, but I give people a chance.

Next time screen-shots will be taken and names will be passed-on to Admins, so take heed of this.

P.s It is annoying where humans are in walls or silly places, but no-one said the game was easy. and we don't need to cheat either.

Message edited by Grim - Friday, 2010-10-15, 12:51

ReiShingamiDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 13:10 | Message # 2
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 4
I had the same problem, i was hidden and some russian guy spectated me, then killed me. I baned him without mercy.

Go Go Power Ranger!

miss-sarahDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 13:36 | Message # 3
[ZfH] Silver member
Awards: 6
I agree that it's a dumb way to find humans, but that's how it is. We cant really stop people from doing it. I also get really mad when I see someone joining spec, then watch me and comes to kill, of course!
But there's no reason for me to ban someone for that. We've got !spectate so that people can leave quick if they get a phone call or need to do something else... if we didnt have that command, people would probably just disconnect, rejoin, spec, and then join the game.

So, it's okay to get angry but you've got to (at least try) letting it go.

Message edited by miss-sarah - Friday, 2010-10-15, 13:38

ReiShingamiDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 14:25 | Message # 4
[ZfH] Power user
Normal spectating is ok, just flying around or watch someone (like i do when i dont playing), but using spec for find someone and then kill him is cheating for me and cheating is banable.

Go Go Power Ranger!

DéèdZDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 15:37 | Message # 5
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 3
Well i agree with you guys here, BUT the idea of making it "rest-of-the-map" is lame, since there is no need for making it more than just a round! i know, it makes u not able to go the same spot, but HONESTLY i also get spectated alot when im in über spots, and i just choose another spot next round, because i KNOW i have been seen my alot of people. Deal with it and make it MAYBE for the maximum of 1 round, not a map

CryingClown: "Im so noob at this server" -Quoted while playing at the ZfH Clan server.

miss-sarahDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 16:38 | Message # 6
[ZfH] Silver member
Quote (ReiShingami)
but using spec for find someone and then kill him is cheating for me and cheating is banable.

Then you'll have to ban me too. I confess, I've done it! It sure aint fun for them, but to kill someone is ALWAYS fun.

... and to ban someone for just that reason is abusing, imo. I mean, others cant ban each other because of that, so why would admins ban people if they does it to an admin? THAT, my friend, is unfair gaming.

GrimDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 17:07 | Message # 7
Less Noob
DéèdZ]Well i agree with you guys here, BUT the idea of making it "rest-of-the-map" is lame, since there is no need for making it more than just a round! i know, it makes u not able to go the same spot, but HONESTLY i also get spectated alot when im in über spots, and i just choose another spot next round, because i KNOW i have been seen my alot of people. Deal with it and make it MAYBE for the maximum of 1 round, not a map

I did mean round, not map, my mistake.

As for looking for other spots, is pointless as they'll just go to spec find you, then join game and come and kill you. As this was happening to me as I was last play alive.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

miss-sarah]

I agree that it's a dumb way to find humans:

Seems more n more players are doing this, so something should be done as it spoils it for the rest of us!

But that's how it is. We cant really stop people from doing it:

Why can't we?. People need to spec, then Admins should move them to spec, like its is on other servers.? ? OK it more of a pain for the admin.

There's no reason for me to ban someone for that:

They should be banned if they repeat this through the map, as it's cheating. "Simples"

If we didn't have that command, people would probably just disconnect, rejoin, spec, and then join the game.

then let them, that way I doubt they will want to leave in-case they can't get back on, and hopefully it will stamp out this easy kill malarkey

it's okay to get angry but you've got to (at least try) letting it go

I don't get angry, as I would be banned from the server, I get annoyed and shake my head, at the cheating pathetic little worms.

letting it go, I would if it didn't keep on happening all the time.

I think something should be done imo.

ReiShingamiDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 17:11 | Message # 8
[ZfH] Power user
I would ban other with cold head too, if someone say he was killed by this way. Their bad if they dont say anything.

Go Go Power Ranger!

FoXDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 17:14 | Message # 9
[ZfH] Famous!
Well i think we can stop this. put the spectate mode only to zombies (that you can't spec humans) and if it doesn't work , remove the free look mode on spectator.

Reality's a plague, we're the medication

GrimDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 17:18 | Message # 10
Less Noob
Miss-Sarah,

I'm pleased you owned up to it, as I did see you do this, which I thought was cheeky of you.

As it was ME who you killed. Now I do hold my hands up I was hiding in the drink machine, but It was still possible for zombies to kill me.

But this should be stamped out if players keep on going to spec, then back in game and killing someone as they went to spec to find that someone.

Then Warnings should be issued, if they keep on doing, couple days ban should be set.

I think that is fair.

DéèdZDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 17:38 | Message # 11
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 3
Grim, add to the suggestion box thread, "Make Spectator mode so you can only spectate Terrorists ( zombies, or humans until zombie spawn )
Should fix that problem smile

CryingClown: "Im so noob at this server" -Quoted while playing at the ZfH Clan server.

miss-sarahDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 18:34 | Message # 12
[ZfH] Silver member
Quote (Grim)
if they keep on doing, couple days ban should be set.

.... and if they after some days return and does it again, am I supposed to permban them? That would be absurd, to ban someone for such a small detail of the game.

GrimDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 14:01 | Message # 13
Less Noob
Quote (miss-sarah)
... and if they after some days return and does it again, am I supposed to permban them? That would be absurd, to ban someone for such a small detail of the game.

But end of the day it's still cheating, having to go-to spec to locate someone to kill them.

Cheats should be banned in my eyes.

lokiDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 14:16 | Message # 14
[ZfH] forum ownage!
Group: [ZfH] Moderator
Awards: 17
Quote (FoX)
Well i think we can stop this. put the spectate mode only to zombies (that you can't spec humans) and if it doesn't work , remove the free look mode on spectator.

this is the only real way of dealing with this permanently,until this is made possible if anyone is seen doing this repeatedly should be banned,they come back and do it again perm ban them....none of this arguing as it's not productive...

Quote (miss-sarah)
... and to ban someone for just that reason is abusing, imo. I mean, others cant ban each other because of that, so why would admins ban people if they does it to an admin? THAT, my friend, is unfair gaming.

Sarah its not abusing,thats called admin doing their job...the whole point is its an unfair advantage which is wrong and definately unfair gaming.

NelDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 14:22 | Message # 15
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 11
Jus try an find a plugin or whatever to refuse access to spectators til next round. Simples biggrin

Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » Reports » !spectate
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

BinLayer.de
Hosted by uCoz