Forum moderator: loki, noexit, Colors  
Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » Reports » ze_mountain_run
ze_mountain_run
GrimDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 01:31 | Message # 1
Less Noob
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 0
Hi all,

I think this map should be removed, due to a glitch and it's far too small, and zombies can't catch up to CTs in time, before they hit the WTF bomb!

glitch I noticed was someone walking on the edges of the game on top of mountains so no-one could kill him.

I had ago my self.... vice pic

denn15Date: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 11:00 | Message # 2
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 3
i dont understand the glitch there but i agree its not good even though i made this onne xD however there is ALOT of other godawful maps on this server like:

ze_2012: people dont even die when the map i being nuked and then all of the sudden the nuking stops and whoever is in the ark is stuck there cause noone can kill them to end the round. you are also kinda lost in the map and then all of the suden. BAM you are teleported to the plane from the movie which crashes (or disappear) and the ice landscapes dont even looke like in the movie. in the movie it was night and there were no caves. plus the start elevators if you dont make it then you are fucked. the elevator dont come back and the ladder you are supposed to go up if you dont make it then the elevator blocks you so you cant get up at all.

zm_bhf_lil_o_everything: the map looks awful the map is not balanced at all. there are spots you can defend alone against every other zombies on the server. plus everytime the round starts there is major lag which results in players not being able to buy weapons or get zombiefied. and you fall through every object in the map even truck which are supposed to be static but for some reason they are made physics objects for some reason making for some impossible spots.

ze_pitchblack: name says it all. you have NO idea where the hell you are going. everything is pitch black (obviously) and everything looks the same so you dont know where the hell you are.

zm_neko_garden_beta: i have no idea why ppl love this map. there is about a total of 4-5 hiding spots in this map: on the bushes, above the door, some other spots the barely counts. rest of it is just for the looks. oh look how good it looks. there is a whole underground area but it serves absolutely NO purpose. its just a series of coridors with no props, no rooms, no camping spots, nothing! it maybe serves for a way to get from one point to another but then it should just have been a less complicated tunnel like in fiddlers green.

zm_4way_tunnel. basically bit of the same thing. most of it consist of 4 tunnels tih a few rooms that there is no way that you can survive in. fx: 1 room with door and window you can crawl through. and then no props to cade with. only a shelf that is useless as you cant camp behind it or something. another room is the repeated rooms in the tunnel thats going in a spiral upwards where there is a empty room with 1 small crate and with that you can still walk (not crawl) through the opening and kill humans easily. lots of the spots are like this. too many entrances or not enough props. however there is one spot in the elevator shaft that there is NO way you can make it as zombie cause the humans can send the elevator down again just seconds after it started to move.

zm_atl-combo-kill_v1: first the lighting is ugly as hell. however the spots are not balanced at all. some rooms have like 20 shelves for a little small opening and the elevator can easily get stuck with props meaning that its impossible for zombies to enter seconds floor underground. then there is other spots that seems fairly balanced but then for some reason the zombies can teleport into so that the humans have no chance of surviving there if the zombies know the teleporter. plus the helicopter ruins most of the rooftop camps and other spots such as inside the main building on second floor. there is no way that you can block the entrance from the roof cause its far to high to reach with any props.

ze_escape_the_eye: this map is way too short. gargantua put WAAAAYY too much thought into stupid secret routes thats actually SLOWER than the main route. the main route itself is very short but with 2 seperate ways and then the map is just stretched out in the end where you have to wait almost for a minute and there is no way you can survive as human there unless you are like 20 humans and 1 zombie. the lightbridge is cool and it leads to nades and snipers. cool cool. however if the door below isnt guarded but humans there is no way you are gonna make it inside the safety room without getting zombiefied. most of the secret ways there is no way normal players will figure out and they usually slows down more than helping you so they have no point.

zm_dangerous_base: this map is all too unbalanced i have never seen the zombies win on this map. some camps are very unfair to zombies and others are too easy. and there is a whole underground that is never being used because the mapmaker have packed them away too much. besides they dont offer much either. just some rooms and stuff and it all looks the same. think the map would have been better without these forgotten areas.

zm_gargantua: it looks nice however there is basically nowhere to hide other than a few camps and a few rooms with too less props to cade with. some hiding spots are even impossible to get into at all. there is the container below the stairs that looks like a nice little camping spot however you cant enter cause there is too little space to go through. thats just lazy that it havent been fixed yet.

zm_mara: the problem for this map is the IMPOSSIBLE camping spot on top of the tower where there is no change the zombies will get there unless the zombies spawn there. some areas like the ruins are just there for the looks and serves no purpose. the map is too unbalanced and humans will go on the tower every round.

zm_office_final_hdr: this is another unbalanced map. its just alot of corridors with a few rooms there is no way to survive and then there is other rooms there is no way you can die where you have too many props to baricade a stairway that is too small to pull out the soda machines as a zombie. cade there and you are a guaranteed winner. besides the buildings are just boring and repetetive and dont even resemble offices.

phew. thats alot of text biggrin

Added (2010-06-15, 11:00)
---------------------------------------------
oh wait nevermind i see it now. i thought you meant the terrorist down there but i can see now that you stand on the mountains. just remove this map along with the others ive mentioned biggrin

CrazyJoeDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 14:26 | Message # 3
[ZfH] Silver member
Awards: 7
Removed Maps:
  • ze_mountain_run
  • zm_bhf_lil_o_everything
  • zm_mara

I think the rest of that list might still be up for debate, but if more people come and agree with those then I will remove them.

There were about 20-30 of us playing 2012 the other day, and it did have a high learning curve, but I found it fun myself smile It only teleports you randomly like that if you fall waaayyy behind.

Message edited by CrazyJoe - Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 14:27

NelDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 14:53 | Message # 4
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 11
From the list there the only map i wd personally miss is zm_4way_tunnel. Aside from that im easy biggrin

denn15Date: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 16:11 | Message # 5
[ZfH] Power user
damn. FINALLY lil o everything got removed. HATE that map xD joe how can combo kill be up to debate?. it got comepltetly rtved today so everyone else thinks it sucks.

Added (2010-06-15, 16:08)
i should get an award for longest post lol xD

Added (2010-06-15, 16:11)
joe btw can you add new version of voodoo islands ?:D

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/135835

GrimDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 18:30 | Message # 6
Less Noob
Awards: 0
I've seen people join maps and straight away they want to rtv.

OK sometime I rtv maps that i don't like, but when the rest of the players rtv as well, think it stands to reason that, the map is poor.

biggrin @ denn15, i thought that screen-shot was a great example, see how i capture the T just about to fall of the side, and at CT hiding in the corner.

But yeah, you can run the full map ( I think) on top of the mountains.

CrazyJoeDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 18:17 | Message # 7
[ZfH] Silver member
Awards: 7
@denn15: You should post your maps in the map section! Took me forever to find out where you posted this update biggrin

denn15Date: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 21:28 | Message # 8
[ZfH] Power user
haha well you should just use the same link as the link doesnt change when updating :P

Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » Reports » ze_mountain_run
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

BinLayer.de
Hosted by uCoz