• »
Forum moderator: loki, noexit, Colors  
Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » General Talk » Suggestion Box
Suggestion Box
CrazyJoeDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 09:54 | Message # 1
[ZfH] Silver member
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 7

This thread will be about people posting ideas on what new features or fixes they would like to see in the server. This is to keep things fresh and changing in the game. I get a lot of messages about ideas in-game, but I definitely won't remember them there.

The idea can be ANYTHING, just be realistic in that it will flow with the gameplay. Post your ideas here and I will add them to the list. I want to hear at least one idea from all of you. smile

Suggestion Box:

• Done! - Be able to throw your knife at a zombie with huge knockback.
  • Done! - Third-Person view mode.
  • Allow people to join different "mic channels" in the game. Example: Only ZfH members can hear & talk with each other on the mic, while the rest of the players are on their own "channel"
  • Prevent people from spamming #1 votes. If someone presses 1, cancel their vote. Randomize the rest of the nominations in slots 2-5.
  • Prevent smoke nade spam.
  • Zombies heads should fall off when they die or lose a certain percentage of health.
  • Possibly add tripmines if there is a proper way of doing it.
  • Rate maps from 1-5 and have it save the data.
  • Done! - End of map rank/stats that is reset every map (best player of that round, etc).
  • Ability to listen to the mic chat while on IRC

Message edited by CrazyJoe - Friday, 2010-09-17, 10:54

ReiShingamiDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 10:58 | Message # 2
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 4
Question, you can throw knife? biggrin

I suggest to get rid of smoke grenades. Its pretty annoying when someone use this in camp, then all are knifed because of this.

Go Go Power Ranger!

Message edited by ReiShingami - Monday, 2010-08-23, 11:00

ZyRopIaDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 11:30 | Message # 3
Noob
Awards: 0
Hey, I wanna suggest that u guys made Lasermines. its über fun. They dont need to do crazy dmg, just something like 3-600 dmg every other second.

dont know what u guys think about that?

Zombies best stay killed!

Pheonix175Date: Monday, 2010-08-23, 11:44 | Message # 4
[ZfH] User
I agree with Rei, suggest smoke grenade. Lot of people throwing smoke grenades on camp and I can´t see anything and zombie killed us easy.

CrazyJoeDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 11:57 | Message # 5
[ZfH] Silver member
Quote (ReiShingami)
Question, you can throw knife?

You can pretty much change anything in the game to do whatever you want.

Quote (ReiShingami)
I suggest to get rid of smoke grenades. Its pretty annoying when someone use this in camp, then all are knifed because of this.

I don't think many people will agree with this, but the problem can still be dealt with. How about only allowing people to buy 1 smoke per round?

Quote (ZyRopIa)
Hey, I wanna suggest that u guys made Lasermines. its über fun. They dont need to do crazy dmg, just something like 3-600 dmg every other second.

What are lasermines? Like when you walk past the laser it explodes, or it does some damage constantly?

ThaFallenDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 13:17 | Message # 6
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 5
I'd like to suggest instead of people having to press 1-5, you could change it so they'd have to press F1-F5, so they can't just press 1 by mistake etc.

Fallen for president 2024!

ZyRopIaDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 13:22 | Message # 7
Noob
its something they use in cs 1.6,

u plant the lasermine on a wall and then a laserbeam comes out of it. in cs 1.6 some of the mines can explode when u dmg it.

but its pretty much just a thing u plant on the wall that does dmg constantly.

i was also thinking about different types of zombies. Like a climbing zombie, fast zombie, poison zombie and so on.

ReiShingamiDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 13:24 | Message # 8
[ZfH] Power user
You can buy one smoke by round, then whats the deal?

I think he thinks !tripmine, i played on server where you have three mines per round, and when you walk in laser, it explodes and kills even zombie and injured other zombies in radius 10m or killed human in that radius. But you can make less damage and radius.

And now i get funny idea. When you kill zombie with headshot, then that zombie drop skull.

Go Go Power Ranger!

ZyRopIaDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 13:25 | Message # 9
Noob
And btw, Rei got a point. the smoke nades is really not that good.

- In cs 1.6, when u throw a smoke nade, it lights up instead of creating lots of smoke.

CrazyJoeDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 13:51 | Message # 10
[ZfH] Silver member
Quote (ThaFallen)
I'd like to suggest instead of people having to press 1-5, you could change it so they'd have to press F1-F5, so they can't just press 1 by mistake etc.

That won't be possible because the votes use the radio menu to work, and they require using whatever keys around bound to slot1 slot2 slot3 etc. By default it's 1-9.

Quote (ZyRopIa)
u plant the lasermine on a wall and then a laserbeam comes out of it. in cs 1.6 some of the mines can explode when u dmg it.

Tripmines are definitely possible, but they also hurt teammates as well. I'm pretty sure we would see a lot of humans killing humans after that. Not sure if that's something we want to have.

Quote (ZyRopIa)
i was also thinking about different types of zombies. Like a climbing zombie, fast zombie, poison zombie and so on.

This would change the feel of the game a lot. Nothing wrong with that, but it would need to be well thought out first.

Quote (ReiShingami)
You can buy one smoke by round, then whats the deal?

It would prevent players from standing in the buyzone, constantly rebuying smokes and throwing them into spawn. Is this the problem we are talking about?

Quote (ReiShingami)
And now i get funny idea. When you kill zombie with headshot, then that zombie drop skull.

Sounds good to me smile

Message edited by CrazyJoe - Monday, 2010-08-23, 14:03

ReiShingamiDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 15:51 | Message # 11
[ZfH] Power user
Quote (CrazyJoe)
It would prevent players from standing in the buyzone, constantly rebuying smokes and throwing them into spawn. Is this the problem we are talking about?

No, i mean they buy nade and go with it to the camp, then theire with us and when they see zombie, then they drop it and make smokescreen in camp.

Btw: for that tripmines, can you make tripmines hurting only zombie?

Go Go Power Ranger!

Message edited by ReiShingami - Monday, 2010-08-23, 15:53

CrazyJoeDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 15:59 | Message # 12
[ZfH] Silver member
Quote (ReiShingami)
No, i mean they buy nade and go with it to the camp, then theire with us and when they see zombie, then they drop it and make smokescreen in camp.

I don't think there is much we can do about that. Disabling smoke nades would be a too much of a change. I use them for strategy on ZE maps and I'm sure others would miss them as well wink

Quote (ReiShingami)
Btw: for that tripmines, can you make tripmines hurting only zombie?

I can certainly try, but no guarantees.

ThaFallenDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 21:42 | Message # 13
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 5
I used to play on a cs:cz server which used tripmines, (well the CZ equivalent of tripmines), and if ya ask me, it ruined the server. Made it waaaaay to unbalanced, it's basically props that explodes when attacked enough dry

Fallen for president 2024!

ZyRopIaDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 21:56 | Message # 14
Noob
Well, ive played a server where they had lasermines. It was only the beam itself that dealt the dmg. not because it exploded.

i know it gives humans imba power when hiding from zombies, but u can make them so that the zombies can get them to blow by hitting them.
But i dont know, just a suggestion.

RavingGingerDate: Saturday, 2010-08-28, 09:54 | Message # 15
[ZfH] Silver member
Awards: 1
I think knockback on ZE maps should be improved because when your on your own, your fucked, end of. Also, i've got a crazy idea. The longer your shooting a zombie, the more damage and knockback is dealt!!! :P

Mr. Jared|UK|

Message edited by RavingGinger - Saturday, 2010-08-28, 09:56

Forum » Zombie Mod | Server #1 » General Talk » Suggestion Box
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

BinLayer.de
Hosted by uCoz