Forum » Solution Zone » Tutorials » How to install weapon skins
How to install weapon skins
TehPolecatDate: Friday, 2010-05-28, 21:26 | Message # 1
Less Noob
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 0
So
1. Get a skin you want from some site like fpsbanana
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\your steam name\counter-strike source\cstrike
3. Unzip the downloaded skin and you will get a folder with folders like Materials, Models, scripts, sound
4. In your cs folder go to materials (create folders if you don't have them) weapons / then you get v_models and w_models ( if downloaded skin doesn't have w_models the weapon will look weird when on the ground or someone else has it). Open v_models in your skin and you will see a folder with the weapons name, put it in your steams v_models folder(do the same for the w_models)
5. Then go to models\weapons in both game and skin folders. Select all the files in the skins weapon folder and put them in the game weapons folder
6. Then go to scripts in both folders, copy the game_sounds_manifest.txt file into the scripts folder(Not the weapons!!!) ( you just need to put the game_sounds_manifest.txt in there once, do not overwrite it after that) Then copy the *weaponname*.txt in to the weapons folder
7. Go to sounds\weapons in both folders and move the *weaponname* folder in to the games weapons folder

NOTE: It is normal for some folders to not appear in other skins
that you download. (E.g. when you open up a different skin you see only materials and models)

Feel free to ask me question or poin out my mistakes, thank you

This is TehPolecat saying:" Dook dook dook dook"

I'm a polecat, what else do you need? Don't forget to +rep me if you enjoy playing with me or my threads are interesting to you <@:D

FoXDate: Friday, 2010-09-17, 21:06 | Message # 2
[ZfH] Famous!
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 0
wouldn't it be just easier to copy the folder (file) you've downloaded and place it in cstrike. (most folders you download are materials or models so u don't have to go the long route.)

Reality's a plague, we're the medication

Forum » Solution Zone » Tutorials » How to install weapon skins
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

BinLayer.de
Hosted by uCoz