Saturday, 2024-05-18, 18:15
Welcome Guest | RSS

Main | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: noexit, Colors  
Forum » Solution Zone » Support » Crashin (My HL engine, or whatever its called...)
Crashin
NelDate: Monday, 2010-02-22, 19:08 | Message # 1
[ZfH] Gold member
Group: [ZfH] Member
Awards: 11
K, now my hl2 (i think thats wat its called) engine keeps crashin an kickin me out of game, only on Horror Hotel, how can i stop this?? Any links to gd registry fix/tune up type of downloads wd be deeply appreciated. I may even kiss u wink wacko biggrin biggrin

PuhBärDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 11:25 | Message # 2
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 6
i have the same problem, when im ingame it doesnt crash, but if i minimize the game cuz i wanna change music or whatever, it crashes and i have to restart the game...help...T_T p.s.: every third time...

F4$tSw1tchDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 16:19 | Message # 3
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 2
I had this engine problem very very long on Windows XP. It doesnt appear on Win7 now, but i recognized that only on horror hotel my fps go down to 5-8 sometimes, very weird too.

@nel and winnie: try to update your graficcard drivers (ATI Catalyst for ATI cards).

noexitDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 17:24 | Message # 4
[ZfH] God!! Obey his rules!
Group: [ZfH] Administrator
Awards: 14
wierd. My HL2.EXE starts crashing if i delete maps/materials or models in my cstrike folder.
Only way to fix it was to uninstall css and delete the entire counter-strike source folder and install it again.
But it didnt crash as much as yours seems to do.

Any links to gd registry fix/tune up type of downloads wd be deeply appreciated.

You can use a program called Tune Up Utilities. I used it before to defragment my harddrive, Clean up my registery and delete files that's never used.
U can do ALOT of things with that program. But u might aswell fuck up the computer if ur playing around to much with it.
Here's the link to dl it. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent....R420%5D

[ZfH] NoExIt

F4$tSw1tchDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 18:12 | Message # 5
[ZfH] Gold member
Quote (noexit)
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent....R420%5D
ZOMG TORRENT! noexit, dont use torrents!
here you got a rapidshare link: http://rapidshare.com/files/305680863/90-tune-c.rar

NelDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 22:44 | Message # 6
[ZfH] Gold member
OMG, even that has scared me wacko
Think i will leave it!!! biggrin biggrin

PuhBärDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 23:10 | Message # 7
[ZfH] Power user
Awards: 6
i already use tuneup 2009 hmm and also checke dthe drivers for my graphic card...didnt work though, oh and i use vista, not xp... sad

ThaFallenDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 07:41 | Message # 8
[ZfH] Gold member
Awards: 5
Dude fast, you can count on some torrents, if the user has a green or purple skull next to his name, it's perfectly safe.

Fallen for president 2024!

ColorsDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 20:34 | Message # 9
[ZfH] Power user
Torrents is the shit, rapidshare sucks arse :- )))))) (This is my opinion and i don't wish it would turn into the hugest discussion in the world wether i'm wrong or right, hehe. x) )

I'm so 10100111001 x).

NelDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 23:19 | Message # 10
[ZfH] Gold member
Quote (ThaFallen)
if the user has a green or purple skull next to his name, it's perfectly safe.
Yeah, thas what i look for as well. So what is the difefrence between rapidshare and torrents? U guys knpow im hopeless wi all this stuff lol!! biggrin

ThaFallenDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 08:15 | Message # 11
[ZfH] Gold member
rapidshare is a direct download site, which provides a constant speed, instead of torrents mixed speed which depends on how many seeders you have. The bad thing about rapidshare is that they have a file limit, meaning you can only upload about 200MB, Unless you get a premium account which costs money.

So basically Rapidshare faster, but torrentz = unlimited size, no waiting between downloads, and often safer.

F4$tSw1tchDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 09:12 | Message # 12
[ZfH] Gold member
But for small sized dl like tuneup is rapidshare better than torrents. but if you want to dl a thingy with 5gb+ torrents are better when you dont have a premium account on rapidshare.

noexitDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 13:25 | Message # 13
So basically Rapidshare faster, but torrentz = unlimited size, no waiting between downloads, and often safer.

No defenatly not!!!!!!!!!

Rapidshare have a dl limit at like 200kb/s so u download really slow from that site.
And if u download anything from rapidshare u download it directly from their server = Slow dl speed

But if u download a torrent you download from other people around the world = Fast dl speed (If there is good seeders)
Seeders= the people you download from. If you have 50 seeders ur downloading from 50 people at the same time. Therefore you can maximize your dl speed with torrents not rapidshare

[ZfH] NoExIt

ThaFallenDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 13:54 | Message # 14
[ZfH] Gold member
Well that's part of what i meant exit, at rapidshare you'll have CONSTANT dl speed on all files, whereas if it's a torrent you need seeders, and most torrents aren't seeded.

Torrents are extremely unstable, since it requires people to sacriface part of their bandwidth just so you can dl the torrent, and there's very few that actually do that.

the 1 place where torrents alwayss beats DDL sites are private trackers, since they often require you to have a certain minimum ratio. (often around 1.0 or higher).

noexitDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 16:26 | Message # 15
OMG FALLEN. ur making me angry.
where the heck are u downloading torrents from?
It cant be from any good site. And it cant be any good torrents your downloading
Torrents aren't unstable in any way what so ever.

[ZfH] NoExIt

Forum » Solution Zone » Support » Crashin (My HL engine, or whatever its called...)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

BinLayer.de
Hosted by uCoz